Saturday, January 19, 2013

Youth Week 2013

YOU DON'T OWN ME!!!



Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of Youth Week, almost 800 young people from all over Southern Africa (SA, Botswana, Mozambique, Namibia, Lesotho, Zimbabwe) gathered for 5 days of fun, fellowship and feeding on God's truth.  

Our journey started with prayer by YFC staff and parents. 

The 17 hour bus ride was uneventful.  After the first 8 hours most slept.  On the ride up my prayer was that God would find a way to use me.





Waiting for our room assignments












Upon arrival of the CapeTown bus,(the rest of the "Levi Tribe") we joined and practiced our "war cry".  









A big pat on the back to Gautang (Tribe of Judah)... very creative banners and mascot!









Morning Devotions... 











First morning - first sentence out of the speaker -  "What did Jesus spend his time doing?"  The Holy Spirit instantly convicted me that Jesus didn't spend his time playing games on his phone!  Wow... I knew that if God was going to use me at camp I needed to delete all my games.  So while no one was supposed to be on their phones during sessions... I was deleting all my game apps!

















Morning and evening Tabernacle... an hour of worship followed by teachings of the freedom we have in Christ.  






Sin doesn't own us, our past doesn't own us, our circumstances don't own us... the games on my phone don't own me...




Sports and games 2 times every day... 
"GO LEVI..."






































Finally the opportunity came... God showed the time to share my testimony when the speaker for the "girls talk" finished early - 90 minutes early!!  After the session - 9 girls approached me for counseling sessions and my day was booked.  Issues dealing from boyfriend problems, re-newing sexual purity, sexual molestation, rape, post abortion syndrome... to just wanting prayer to remain sexually pure.

One girl stopped me to ask a question that wasn't asked at the session... she dragged her boyfriend over to me and said "Listen to this woman - she has godly wisdom."





Thank you Lord for cleansing me so I could be a clean vessel used by You!  


On the way home the Knysna girls said "Now we know who to go to with our boyfriend problems..."





No comments:

Post a Comment